Professional experience and interests
30 years' experience practicing as clinical psychologist in Hong Kong.
Rich experience in both clinical and health psychology, providing psychological intervention to people suffering distress ranging from the mild adjustment issues to the severe mental disturbances.
Has worked in the Hospital Authority and Correctional Services Department.
Spent 16 years in the Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, working closely with the psychiatry, obstetrics & gynecology and clinical oncology departments
Expertise and interests:
1.Various psychiatric and emotional disorders
2. Women mental health and adjustment problems
- depression and manic-depressive disorder
- anxiety disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- adjustment disorder
3. Adjustment to chronic and/or life-threatening illnesses
- ante- and post-natal adjustment problems and mood disorder
- adjustment and distress arising from menopause and other gynecological problems
- marital, family and parenting problems
4. Training and consultation to other health care professionals, patient support groups and volunteers, as well as public education on mental health
- emotional distress and adjustment to cancer and treatment
- bereavement and complicated grief
Honorary clinical supervisor of the psychology departments of both HKU and CUHK since 1993, providing on-site supervision to clinical psychology trainees undergoing clinical placement, till leaving the service in public sector in 2011.